We're committed to being a good corporate citizen in the communities we serve.
Thomas A. Kingsbury, Burlington
Coat Factory President & CEO (right)
accepts National Partner Award
from John E. Walter, Leukemia &
Lymphoma Society President & CEO
- Our Red Dress partnership with The Heart Truth ®: In 2012, from February 6th through Easter, each Burlington location set up a special section dedicated to red dresses. For every dress sold, we donated $1 to The Heart Truth ® to support women’s heart health research and education. We also encouraged shoppers to donate a dollar or more by purchasing a paper red dress icon.
- Our Light the Night Walk: Since 2001, Burlington has partnered with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in its fight against blood cancers. Through our Walk and additional fundraising efforts, our employees have helped raise nearly $10 million for research in improving the quality of life of patients and their families.
- Our Warm Coats and Warm Hearts Drive: We partner each year with ABC’s Good Morning America to collect gently worn coats that are in turn distributed locally to families in need through the non-profit organization One Warm Coat.
- Our Goodwill ® Book Donations: In 2010, Burlington donated 32,000 books to Goodwill agencies to support their mission of helping people find jobs and strengthen their communities.
- Our Green Initiatives: As a responsible corporate citizen, Burlington has been nationally recognized for our recycling and resourcefulness initiatives.
- Our Humanitarian Efforts: Burlington is a ready provider of resources for relief efforts when disaster strikes anywhere on the globe. Most recently we organized an in-store donation program to help the countless victims of the devastation caused by the earthquakes in Haiti and Japan.
In addition to the above, we donate products to a wide range of non-profit organizations to assist in their education and fundraising efforts, and so much more.